Translate

Monday 2 September 2013

Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year!

     A very warm welcome back to school to our returning staff and grade 8 students, and a special welcome to new students who are joining us, as well as the new staff at St. Patrick's School.  Our staff group went through a large transition at the end of last year, with a number of Teachers as well as our Office Administrator Ms. Nixon departing for new experiences at different schools.  We wish all of these individuals the best as they find new challenges at their chosen schools.  We are very excited about the enthusiastic group of new staff who have chosen to join the St. Patrick's community.  We know that they will contribute to the great things happening both in the classroom and in the co-curricular life of the school.
     Our first day of school is Tuesday, September 3rd (remember our new 8:00am start time!) and we are anxious to welcome our students back.  Our custodians have done an excellent job getting our facilities looking great, and we would like to thank them for their hard work over the summer months.  A reminder that on Tuesday our grade 8 students will be meeting in the gym after the warning bell at 7:55am, and our grade 7 students will be meeting in the cafeteria.  In each location, Teachers will call out each of the student names in their homeroom and will accompany them to their homebase class.  I have been reassuring our new students that they only have to find the front door on the first day - our friendly staff will make sure they get to class from there!
     Ms. Burgoyne, our new Vice-Principal and I will be facilitating grade level assemblies for students on Wednesday, and all of our grade 7&8 students will participate in Introductory activities on Thursday (grade 7's) and Friday (grade 8's).  The activities will help students get familiar with regular routines, highlight the faith component of our school, and allow students to get to know the support available for them outside of the classroom.
     Shortly I will be sharing information regarding the St. Patrick's School Improvement Plan, as well as highlighting the St. Patrick's School Council.  I will leave you with the prayer we will be sharing with students upon their arrival to school on Tuesday.  I hope all of our school community enjoys an exceptional year.
Sean Kelly

A Student's Prayer
Dear Lord, on this first day of school I am nervous.
But I know being nervous is a sign to look to You for help.
Help me to be the best student I can be.
Help me to work hard, to the best of my ability,
especially when I don't feel like working at all.
Help me to be honest when I'm tempted to take a shortcut
Help me to listen to my teachers and my coaches.
Help me to play fair and to play safely.
Help me to be kind to everyone at school
Help me to treat others as I would like them to treat me.
Help me to be a good friend to others.
Help me to help others who need my help.
Help me to use all the gifts and talents you have given me.
Help me to love and respect my parents and guardians.
Help me to trust in you, Lord, and in your love for me.
And even when I am nervous, allow me to seek help from the good people around me.

St. Patrick Pray for us

No comments:

Post a Comment